Tuesday, May 22, 2012

The Month of the Mouth...

Crazy, but it seems to have been a month with Mouth Issues at our house.

It all started with Caroline. She tripped on a bicycle that was by the stairs, fell, and bit her tongue. Right before I needed to leave for Enrichment. I've never seen so much blood coming out of someone's mouth in my life. I'm just hoping that years from now, we'll be able to use this as reason number 1 why we don't pierce our tongues.
This was taken the morning after the bite. She would only show me if I promised not to touch it. She wouldn't show the doctor that afternoon, so I was grateful for the picture. It's healed now, with only a little divot to show for her pain. She had ice-cream for dinner, twice. Lucky.

NEXT, a LOT less dramatic, Andrew and I both had to have fillings. Yep. No excitement there.

FINALLY, Margaret had some issues with shark teeth. And a phobia about pulling her own teeth. After threatening, I finally took her to the dentist, where he pulled THREE teeth. She was expecting one. She got three. She was a brave little trooper, and didn't complain at all - except to say that she couldn't see the movie very well. She is also healing well, and I'm hoping that she starts wiggling her own teeth next time she has a loose one. I'm also very thankful that her teeth were covered by insurance.

Next time, I'm banking on one at a time. The Tooth Fairy didn't come when Margaret expected her to, so Margaret went back to bed telling me she was going to sleep until she was visited. Chores called, and the T.F. visited on the sly. I'm not sure she's rich enough to pay for teeth that the dentist pulls.......

No comments: