She brought with her Aunt Missy, Jordan, and Gracie. And boy howdy, did we have fun! Margaret has some strange ideas about what happens when you get older. They ALL came out prior to the visit as I was cleaning the living room. "Mom," she said, "Does Gramma know how to knit? Because isn't that what old people do? Sit on the couch and knit all the time?"
Turns out, Gramma Great didn't bring her knitting, but she did bring her "A" game to Wig-Out and soundly beat Margaret. Once. And then Margaret won. Margaret claimed that Gramma Great cheated. She might have had a little help from the Mom. But I'm not saying anything.
LeGrand and Caroline found a new best friend in Jordan, and he was such a great sport to play along with EVERYTHING they wanted to do! From pushing them on the swings, to putting puzzles together, to pretending to be scared when LeGrand brought out the Ghost Puppet. He only once came in the kitchen to hide. It was at that point that I rescued him from the extra playing by telling LeGrand that a puzzle was the better way to go than the rowdies.
Bailey spent her time doing a fantastic impersonation of Saran Wrap - until she warmed up to Gramma Great. Then she wanted to take breaks from being Saran Wrap to visit and give little hugs to Gramma. Caroline kept asking how old everyone was - she's convinced that I'm 88 and Andrew is 94. (And don't I look FANTASTIC for being 88?!) Since it's impossible for me to be older than Gramma Great, so I may be able to go back to being a mere 38.
I think one of the highlights of the afternoon for Gramma Great was having Caroline just randomly walk up to her to hold her hand. I wish I had gotten a photo of that...
Dinner was successful. Spaghetti with homemade sauce, Garlic Bread, Green Tomato Candy, and Cider. Yum. We were all a little amused by Caroline announcing in the middle of dinner, "Mommy, I'm tired" and promptly falling asleep. Jordan must have worn her out. And then we had to say goodbye.
I sure am grateful that they all came to visit though!
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment