Monday, July 28, 2008

My little buddy...

Has grown an immensely over the past month. Tomorrow he will be four tuesdays old. Last night I weighed myself with him (and then weighed myself without him) to find out how much he weighs. If the scale is accurate, he tipped the scales at a whopping 10.8 lbs. I completely squashed them at a much higher weight. That's a gain for him of 2.7 lbs since we brought him home from the hospital. (And a loss of 25 lbs for me!!! - and I just now realized the reason that they weigh you in kilograms at the hospital when you have a baby. Knowing what I weighed before LeGrand was born is slightly depressing!!!)

LeGrand is currently sitting in the car seat sticking his tongue out at the warning label on the side. He's either tasting the air, or he's trying to see if he can touch his nose with his tongue. As for his growth (aside from gaining weight) he's wearing 3 month clothes (decided that he was too macho for the newborn or the 0-3 month stuff, I suppose...) He's started smiling at people (mostly when they're not looking), spitting up on Andrew (yay! At least I know he's not biased... but Andrew thinks it's absolutely disgusting - and rightly so...), and staying awake for longer periods of time. He's also sleeping for longer periods of time, but he's figuring out night and day schedules so I'm being able to stay in bed for a lot longer than in the past.

I managed to get these pictures of him the other day when I had a few free seconds... he had his eyes open - so I thought I'd get some good pictures! Most of the pictures turned out kind of goofy looking - he's apparently really photogenetic when he's asleep, and just looks goofy (as you'll see...) when I want to take his picture when he's awake...


No comments: