Well - it's not really nonsense, this whole recovery thing. In fact, it's going rather well. For instance. On Thursday, we came home from the hospital. The girls both oooed and aaawed over LeGrand until it was well past their bedtime, and then then went to bed. LeGrand was up until maybe 11 PM, and then he, too, went to bed. Exhausted, Mom and Dad went to bed too. 4 hours later, Mom was up with LeGrand. And then another four hours later. But... at least I get some sleep, and I am NOT complaining.
Friday, we started the day out with breakfast at the church where 90% of the people were insistent that I should be home in bed... but they didn't really expect me to stay there! Then we went to barbecue at the Grandparents Stahr home. It was a lovely barbecue and the fireworks were hairraising for Mom, who kept wondering if Margaret was going to fall into the fire pit or catch her own hair on fire with the sparklers that she was flinging around. LeGrand didn't seem to mind the flinching that he was doing with each and every bang... Savannah, of course, LOVED the fireworks. It was well past midnight when we finally got the troops in bed.
Saturday, Andrew and Savannah picked, cleaned, and pitted cherries. I was lazy on the couch with LeGrand most of the day.
Sunday we went to church. Despite my telling Andrew on Saturday that I thought I had moved a bit too much and would most likely just want to stay for the first hour, I found that I felt wonderful, and stayed the entire meeting block. LeGrand slept for most of his first time at church - but that's o.k. there were others sleeping through most of church too! After church, we all slept - and I made 12 pints of Cherry jam. Building up the food storage one jar of jam at a time! (This now makes 12 pints of cherry jam, 18 pints of strawberry jam and 7 half pints of strawberry jam... at least we'll not lack sugar if we ever have a starving situation...)
Yesterday (Monday) the girls and I went grocery shopping, and I ordered 75 lbs of peaches for canning and jamming. We're starting them today.
And that's the update so far! I have discovered one important thing about LeGrand... he has two hollow legs. He started life with a double chin, and I'm convinced that he'll be roly-poly here very soon... the amount this kid eats, if it's true what they say about calories burned as a result of breast feeding, I'll be back to normal within two weeks without any physical exercise! Of course, I don't actually think that's possible, and have a good exercise program lined out, but this kid does eat a lot!!! The other thing I've learned about LeGrand... he hates having his diaper changed; and those "non-smelly" first few months worth of baby poop - aren't so "non-smelly" for him...
AND... I'm being summoned for the third meal of the past 20 minutes.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're a better woman than me! People out here don't know how to keep their sick kids at home...thus making it so after my kids were born, I missed 4 weeks of church to avoid sickness. I'm sure being born in the summer makes a difference though. Glad you're feeling good!
Post a Comment