Thursday, April 30, 2009

I like Trucks... and cars and things with engines...


A couple of weeks ago, during a brief break in the rain, Andrew and I took the children (Margaret and "LeDwand" (Margaret speak for LeGrand)) outside while we torched some Ivy that was becoming bothersome. Savannah was at school... Instantly, LeGrand gravitated towards the trucks and cars. Incidentally, these are the same toys that Andrew played with when HE was a little boy. I have come to think that it's built into your Genes. Either you are a girl and LOVE dolls and makeup and dress up stuff, or you're a boy and LOVE cars and trucks and things with engines that you can take apart. The Girls were NEVER this interested in the toys like this at this age.

1 comment:

Clark said...

GIve a girl a stick and she'll turn it into a doll. Give the same stick to a boy and it becomes a gun.... (sigh) It IS genetic.