Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies

Since this is a popular item at our house, I'm sharing the recipe. It's Andrew's specialty - he makes them every time we have them... We made 150 of them for Christmas Eve, the cat's had the 5 burnt ones that we couldn't get out of the pan. We threw 145 cleaned off toothpicks away. They may make your arteries clog up just by THINKING about them, but they're worth eating.

Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies

1 pkg. Hillshire Farms Little Cheddar Smokies
1 lb bacon, cut into three sections
2 lb. pkg brown sugar
toothpicks

Drain the little smokies. Wrap each piece in 1/3 piece of bacon. Secure
with toothpick. Once all the smokies are in the pan, cover with brown sugar.
(some say 1 c. is all you need, we use about half the package.) Bake at 350
until the bacon is cooked. Cook for just a few minutes before serving. That's
it. Heaven on a toothpick.

Serve at your next gathering next to the veggie tray and see which one disappears first! I dare you. In fact, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!

1 comment:

The Fun Carter Family said...

Someone was telling me about this...I'll have to try it out. It sounds amazing.