Friday, November 08, 2013

Jensens and Reunions

And I know I haven't put some of these on the family facebook site yet, but I wanted to share these awesome photos I have of some pretty amazing people. And maybe share some emotions.

One of my favorite memories of this reunion had more to do with an event that happened AFTER almost everyone left, so not many were able to participate, but I wanted to share anyway.

Uncle West was camping on the back lawn. (He has an unusual way of setting up his tent, but it worked for him, so...) After he had the tent set up, Andrew and I invited him to join us for family prayer. With some prodding, he did. Now - unlike many of my siblings, we do not always sing before praying. But that night, we were prompted to sing. I still get emotional thinking of the sweet spirit in our living room as we were all reminded that we are children of our Heavenly Father, and hearing Uncle West sing with us the words, "I am a Child of God. He has sent me here..." He knew all the words. I cried. And I was thankful I didn't get to pray, I wouldn't have made it.

I have some pretty strong feelings towards all of my family, and I know that I don't always express them - or maybe express them well. Sometimes those strong feelings may not have been as kind as they ought to. However, I am grateful for the knowledge that OUR family is an Eternal One. I am thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who allows me the chance to become better on a daily basis. And even though I may not call, or write, or send flowers, I hold my family close to my heart.  And if you're part of it, I am grateful for you. Wow. FAMILIES ARE FOREVER. Thanks, Mom and Dad, for making that a priority in your lives and being the example. And thanks, all you siblings, for being part of it. I love you. I think we should get together or call or write or send flowers more often. I should probably start.

I wish everyone could have been there. And Thanks, Uncle Rusty - for Bringing Donna. What a wonderful spirit she brought to our family.
Uncle Rusty and Aunt Donna. May she rest in peace. May we find peace in her passing.

Uncle West, Uncle Rusty, Uncle Dusty, Uncle Ken, Mom, Aunt Dot. Missing Aunt Sandy. Maybe next time.

The same set of above mentioned Hooligans.

Margaret wants to visit Texas. That's where the McQuivey's are. I miss them, too.

See. Hooligans. Up to Shenanigans.

Aunt Donna, Uncle Rusty, Savannah. Comparing hats.

Aunt Donna and Uncle Rusty - in cowboy hats. Savannah wanted to share.

No comments: