While most mothers look to this day with a touch of sadness, there was nothing but excitement and gladness (and a little slowpokedness) here at the Stahr home this morning.
The long awaited and counted down day has finally arrived! Savannah is in the first grade!!! I think, however, that she regretted a touch the fact that she didn't allow herself to enjoy summer as much as she could when she walked into a class twice the size of her little kindergarten class. She still has the same kids in class that were there last year, only this year, they've decided to do split classes, putting some second graders in the class also... and Savannah looked as though she didn't quite know what to do. It will be good for her to stretch a little...
Savannah's first grade teacher is Mrs. Hammer, and Savannah sits in a group with two other girls - her friend Elizabeth from Kindergarten, and a new friend... Savanna. It may be a touch confusing for a while... we'll see if Savannah decides to use her first given name - Kylie - as a way to reduce confusion... (who knows - that may cause a bit MORE confusion...)
At any rate - it will be a lot quieter around the house now; and I may even get the laundry folded a lot faster! (I wouldn't hold any breaths though...)
Tuesday, September 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love having the kids home in the summer, but by the fall, I'm ready for everyone to be back into a routine. Tyler is doing pretty well...1st grade has a lot more "paperwork" than Kindergarten and he's struggling w/that...we'll get through it!
I'm with you Linda, I'll be celebrating the first day of school, not crying, heck, I'm already looking forward to it and I've still got years till mine are in school!
Post a Comment