To start the day, Margaret announced about a week and a half before her birthday that for her special birthday dinner she wanted Macaroni and Cheese. The Yellow Kind. From the Box. I had to get special permission from her to make some homestyle macaroni and cheese for the adults who would be in attendance; which she very reluctantly granted. However, we're all grateful that she gave in.
For her birthday dessert, she was insistent on Cherry Pie. When the time came to MAKE the pies, she told me that if I wanted to, I could make an apple pie. So I did. And that's the one that she wanted after all. They were both good. (Not anything like the Shaker Lemon or Lime Pies that I made Andrew for his birthday. Those were inedible.)
I think the highlight of her day was getting a new barbie doll house, and having Macaroni and Cheese. From the Box. While Andrew was putting the homestyle Mac and Cheese into the Skillet to brown, Margaret came into the kitchen, looked at what he was doing, and said (in a very hurt tone of voice), "I thought you said I could have the Yellow kind! From the Box!" I had to quickly show her that I had made her some of her very own dinner, and that the only other people who would eat it were Savannah and LeGrand. I think there were a couple other people who tried the Kraft, but the Bacon Ranch Macaroni was a big hit.
In fact, for all who are interested... Here's the recipe:
Bacon Ranch Macaroni and Cheese
16 oz. Curly Noodles, cooked and drained according to package
directions
1/2 package bacon, cooked until crisp and drained (And Justin, you get to
pick the size of the package... it is, after all, bacon!)
1 c. 2% Milk
1/4 c. butter
1 package Ranch Dressing mix
1 tsp. Garlic Salt
1 tsp. Lemon Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Pepper
8 oz. Sour Cream
1 c. (4 oz) shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 c. (4 oz) shredded Colby Jack Cheese
1/3 c. grated Parmesan Cheese
1/2 c. crushed Saltine Crackers
Cook Pasta. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven, combine Milk, butter, Ranch
dressing and seasonings until heated through. Add Montery Jack and Colby
Jack Cheeses; stir until melted. Stir in Bacon Bits and Sour Cream until
well blended. Add noodles with Saltine Crackers, top with Parmesan
Cheese. Serve. This is Tasty! Serves 8; comes together in less
than 1/2 hour. There were no leftovers.
If you want the other kind, just go to the local grocery store and pick up a box of Kraft... follow the directions. Serve to your children while you eat the other kind. It's really worth it!
And I'll get pictures up as soon as they're on the computer.
1 comment:
Love you guys, cant wait to hang out in July:) And now i'm starving for your mac and cheese!!
JF
Post a Comment