We're all alone and not so lonely these last few and next few days... our little punkins are visiting Grandma and Grandpa Stahr and spending time at the beach! While I wouldn't mind going to the beach, I will admit that much has been accomplished here at the house with the girls gone... for example: I took an uninterrupted nap today; Andrew and I slept in yesterday; Saturday we sat around in 98 degree weather and then went out for dinner and went grocery shopping and went to get food for the hoglets and didn't even have to move car seats or find a babysitter!!!
The best part was that Sunday we rode the motorcycle to church and then to dinner at the Stahr's house. It was absolutely wonderful!!! And no, it didn't cause me to go into labor. Darn. I can't complain though, the weather was perfect on the way to dinner and home again - a little warm on the way there, and just a tad chilly in some spots on the way home because of the light rain, but I love riding with Andrew on his "bipe" (rhymes with pipe - if you ask Margaret), and wouldn't trade yesterday for anything.
I will freely admit that we got some mighty strange looks from people at church when they saw me riding behind Andrew - not too often you see an obviously pregnant woman riding a motorcycle; I simply told people: "drastic times... drastic measures." I do believe that this will be the last ride for a long time though - it's hard to fit three kids on a bike (and I wouldn't try)... and I think Andrew likes the solitude!
So the girls were dropped off at Grandpa and Grandma's house on Friday night... they have a swimming pool (kiddie size and collapsible) and it was warm enough that the girls went right in without waiting for swimming suits - and they will be there until Wednesday (unless we can convince them to stay a little longer...) On Friday, Margaret was in the swimming pool - completely naked since her diaper was bigger than she was because of the water, and Andrew noticed that she was blue around the lips and that her toes and fingers were starting to turn blue. "Do you want to get out?" He asked. "No" her mouth said... her head, on the other hand nodded. We let her play for just a few more minutes, then got her out and got her warm and in her pajamas. No sooner was she in her pajamas and dry than she headed over to the swimming pool... reaching for something inside the pool - Personally, I think she really just wanted to get back in the water - she leaned just far enough that the side fell in, and so did she. So much for clean, dry pajamas. Oh well. At least she likes the water and isn't afraid to play!
And now, since the girls are gone, I'm headed off to clean their room - or at least take the trash out before they get back and Savannah decides that the things I've thrown away aren't really trash! I'll post pictures of the new baby when the baby makes an appearance!
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you'll have a 4th of July baby! Although, my Grandma Cottrell and dads birthday is the 7th. Either way...hope he/she is healthy and your delivery is nice and smooth.
Post a Comment