Waking up to hearing a two year old sing:
"Tinkle, Tinkle, yittle styar! How I ya ya what you ayar?" And then the remainder - in Margaret speak, which is getting better and easier to understand, but still not quite there.
There is also nothing better than hearing Margaret and Savannah tell each other that they love each other - or hearing the following conversation.
Margaret: "Mommy's home!!!" (this on my return from a Young Women's Activity, the girls were both in bed, but obviously NOT sleeping...)
Savannah: "I don't hear her..."
M: "She is! She is home! I see her!"
S: "She's not coming in here, we're in bed..."
M: "I get her."
S: "How?"
M: "Here, Mommy, mommy, mommy! Here, Mommy, mommy, mommy!"
I sat down I was laughing so hard... and no, I did NOT go in there. After all, I am NOT the cat...
Margaret has also named our rooster. His name is Rupert - mostly because that's what it sounds like when Margaret calls him... "Here Oooper, Oooper, Oooper!"
The girls are currently outside, and I am trying really hard to breathe through a congested nose and sore throat - probably a good thing the baby isn't on the outside yet, I'm sure a summer cold is the LAST thing that baby wants to start its outside life with. Andrew has said that he has never had a baby (never will, and never really wants to experience that - he'll leave that to the women...), but he can't imagine having a cold on top of being in labor. Really - HOW does one breathe through a contraction when one can't even breathe through normal life??? That's just misery on top of misery - according to Andrew. Personally, I'd rather have a kidney stone than try to breathe and not be able to and try to have a baby at the same time. But... I digress.
In other news, things are going well. We're as ready as we'll ever be for this baby (except that if it's a boy we're going to have to get a lot more things, since we have ONE outfit for a baby boy...) and we don't have diapers yet, but that will come. Andrew has work, and the girls are healthy. We are truly blessed. Andrew and I feel very strongly that our prayers have been answered quickly in the past few months, and for that, we are extremely grateful...
Friday, June 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Can't wait to hear when you have the baby. I had a horrid cold when Whitney was born...they induced me and gave me the epidural before they broke my water so I was able to relax and only have to really concentrate on breathing when I was pushing. I still felt like crap though! I hope you feel better soon!
Post a Comment