So, Charity - in response to the "unnecessaries..." Here's what I've cut out...
- Unnecessary use of electricity. Call me crazy, but I am partway NOT looking forward to the return of the heat, because it will mean that I won't get to cook on my wood stove anymore, and I really like that... on the other hand, I will be barbecuing a lot more... hmmmmmmmmmm... I wonder which I'll like the best??? As for baking, we do have an oven, and it made a most delicious pizza last night. The other reason for the wood stove and the barbecue is that I really sort of despize my glass top stove.
- Whole Milk. This is a hard one for me. I LOVE whole milk. The problem is that my pocketbook doesn't, and when I buy milk, it's a lot easier on me to just get 4 gallons of one kind, since that's what we go through in a week anyway.
- Some who have visited for longer than a day have made the claim that we've cut out heat to our home... I'd like to take a few seconds to put this rumor to rest. We have, in fact, only cut out the wood stove that DIDN'T heat the house, causing those who've visited to be very uncomfortable (sorry, Justin and Melissa, Ian and Christen, Mom and Dad...) and have, instead, added a new wood stove that heats the house very well, thank you very much. So... for those of you having reservations about visiting because you're afraid that you'll freeze to death - just bring extra sweaters, and we'll leave the wood stove on for you!
And then again, there are days when I'd really like to cut out the house cleaning, the gas bill, the grocery bill, and the odd day that I'd like to cut out the children... but none of those are dispensable at this point in time. Ask me again when I'm dead... :)
1 comment:
Wouldn't it be nice to cut out all bills? Crazy the way things in this world are changing and going up!
Post a Comment